tirsdag den 8. april 2014

SF and High School

I have not had time to write anything for the past couple of days, so I will try to remember what we have been doing. One of the days, we went to the former prison Alcatraz, which is now famous as a haunted prison. We sailed to the Island, where Alcatraz is and when we where there we got a headset because we had to listen to the history of Alcatraz. We have also been walking in the Muir woods and seen the Steinbeck museum. Of course we also saw The Golden Bridge Gate and while we were taking pictures, a Mexican guy came over and wanted us to pose very weird in front of the bridge, so we have some very bizarre pictures of that.


Yesterday, I arrived to my host family. We had dinner at the school, which was really delicious and I met my host family for the first time ever. Afterwards we drove home to their house, which is pretty big and very American looking. We watched a college basketball game on the TV, and then we just chatted the rest of the evening. They are soo nice and really friendly. Today was my first day at Menlo-Atherton High School. It is a very huge High School with over 2000 students. We drove to school in my host sisters Caroline’s car.  We had six classes, math, biology, Spanish, yearbook, US history and English.  It was fun to see the way their school works, and how it is to be a student in an American High School. It was very hot today, I think it was about 86 Fahrenheit. During one of our classes, we were allowed to tan outside, which was amazing since it was such a difference compared to the Danish weather. After school I went to see a Lacrosse game, which I have never seen before, but it was very interesting. There were a couple of us exchange students who were watching the game. Tonight we ate yummy Mexican food and then another Danish exchange student Jonas came over, while his host mom was at a meeting in my hos family’s house. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar